American Legion Post #428
Message from our Commander! To our Legion Family Tuesday July 7th. Reopening Date Read Completely Please
Our tentative date to reopen is scheduled for Tuesday July 7th.
Bar area will be open on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays Only.
Until more restrictions have been lifted or eased up somewhat. Please continue reading for important information and instructions!
In order for the Legions to reopen, strict guidelines have to be followed and these are listed below.
- Capacity will be at the discretion of our bartenders according to the guidelines.
- YOU MUST BE A MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING OR ACCOMPANY A MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING FOR ENTRY. Guests will not be allowed entry without a member. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- There will be NO ONE permitted to enter without a valid 2020 or 2021 membership card. You must have your membership card on you when you enter, or you will be turned away. New membership notices will be sent out to members from National in the coming weeks/ months.
- All patrons will be required to sign the guest book, even if you are a member or a “REGULAR”. There will be no exceptions to this. This is because if we are notified of anyone who becomes sick with Covid-19, we are required to conduct contact tracing for notifications of potential exposure.
- Masks will be required to enter, or you will be asked to leave. Masks will be worn until seated, and will be required if you are moving around the bar area. No masks will be provided by the bartenders to any patrons. No Mask no service.
- There will be NO FOOD served or allowed to be shared from the outside. This means no snacks to bring in and no popcorn machine. We are sorry but it just means one more thing to break down and clean up.
- Tables may not be moved, and social distancing must be observed.
- Only the downstairs bathroom will be available for use.
- There will be no hall rentals until further notice.
- There will be no Legion Family picnic this summer due to these restrictions (more information will follow regarding an alternative to our usual membership certificate presentation).
ALL of these guidelines will be upheld by our bartenders, and any pushback will be met with an invitation to leave. We must uphold the guidelines provided by the state or we are at a very real risk to lose our liquor license and go out of business. Please don’t let that happen! We want to remain open for you! Most of the above rules are rules that were already in place but we been relaxed on. So Please Don’t blame the bartenders for doing their jobs.
One last thing: In order for the Legion to reopen.
We will have strict cleaning guidelines to follow.
This means WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
to mop and help wipe down the entire downstairs.
We cannot do this without your help!
Our schedule will permit this housekeeping duty to happen each morning or early afternoon prior to opening. Please contact Renee to volunteer.
We look forward to resuming service to you under these new guidelines. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Commander Renee on her cell phone @ 774-203-6400.
The New Bar hours and these rules and restrictions have been update on our website for future referance.
American Legion Post 428
Please remember all Legions dues are now due.
At Lifetime Care,our Mission is to provide outstanding care during the end of life's journey's.
For this reason we created
Veterans Visiting Veterans Program!
For more information Click HERE
Lets show them they are Not Forgotten!
Please send them in soon.
Legion's is now $40.00
Aux is now $22.00
S.A.L is now $18.00
If you know the name and address of someone in the service overseas, let us know so we can send a care package out. If you have any ideas for the Post, come to the meeting and tell us about it. As always our door is open to your suggestions. See you at the Post.